Pink UK home page
add gay venue to Pink UK add gay pride/event to Pink UK create and publish a banner advert

Gays and religion

You will need to Login In order for you to start a new thread or replay to a thread
Strictly no selling of Medication, and anyone who posts illegal content or counterfeit goods will be reported to the police.

Deleted Account

Gays and religion

How much does religion play a part in how LGBT people feel about themselves? You keep hearing people like Nazir-Ali (Bish of Rochester) and the African Anglican bishops sounding off. It occurred to me that people here might feel a bit cheesed off about being considered tenth-rate citizens because of their sexuality (which we can't help, anyway, but, even if we could, we could quite rightly answer that these nutcases can choose their brand of bigotry, but don't have to). Just wondered. I'm new to the forum, run a very lively blog on gays and religion (which I'll post a URL to later) and it would be good to get some opinions.

04 Jun 2008 06:27

Replies

Deleted Account

RE: Gays and religion

They're at it again. I've blogged a story about Northern Ireland on http://ptt-blog.blogspot.com/2008/06/dire-straights.html. More about straights who think they can turn gays straight, and wonder why gay people go mad and commit suicide because their religious beliefs conflict with their sexuality. And this guy is a qualified psychiatrist (mind you, I think all psychiatrists are mad, anyway) who is an adviser to a senior politicians. And the senior politicians herself is a religions fruitcake who thinks homosexuality is an abomination. Have a read.

08 Jun 2008 09:04

ZoeRPM
 ZoeRPM

RE: Gays and religion

Don't forget that not all religious organisations operate like that. It was the Quakers, Progressive Jews and Unitarians that got the law on marriage changed, for example.

26 May 2015 18:27

Post your reply

You will need to Login before you can reply to this message

Share  | share this page on twitter  | share this page on linkedin