Pink UK home page
add gay venue to Pink UK add gay pride/event to Pink UK create and publish a banner advert

Request for gay men to take part in online study re body image

You will need to Login In order for you to start a new thread or replay to a thread
Strictly no selling of Medication, and anyone who posts illegal content or counterfeit goods will be reported to the police.

Deleted Account

Request for gay men to take part in online study re body image

Dear all, My name is Maxine King and I am a Counselling Psychologist in training at the University of Surrey, England. For my doctoral research I am investigating issues of concern for gay men with body image distress. Did you know that gay men are more likely to suffer from body dissatisfaction and eating disorders than straight men? Unfortunately, we know little about why this might be and the issues that these men face. It may be that you can help. I am asking for all gay men, over the age of sixteen, who currently live in the United Kingdom to take part in an anonymous online questionnaire. The questionnaire will take approximately 15 minutes and you will be asked about some of your experiences as a gay man and your feelings about your body. You do not have to be troubled by body image distress to take part in this survey. You will not be asked any identifying information and you will remain entirely anonymous. You will not be contacted in anyway following your participation in the survey and you are not being asked to buy anything or sign up for any membership. You are only being asked to take part in an online survey and nothing more. Whilst I cannot offer you any compensation for your time, it is hoped that insights from this research can be used to help the quality of gay men’s lives in the future through raising awareness and improving educational and therapeutic services. You will also have the opportunity to receive a summary of the study’s findings. The survey can be completed online at: http://www.psy.surrey.ac.uk/studentsurveys/bodyimage/ You can also find more information about the study and your rights as a participant at the above web-site address. If you have any problems accessing the questionnaire or if you have any questions about the study, please contact me at max-king@hotmail.co.uk Kind Regards Maxine King Supervised by Dr Jason Ellis and Dr Martin Milton, University of Surrey

23 Feb 2007 00:00

Post your reply

You will need to Login before you can reply to this message

Share  | share this page on twitter  | share this page on linkedin